2023 AQUATIC RATES
2023 Aquatic Passes for Spencer Family Aquatic Center may be purchased at Spencer City Hall, 101 West 5th Street, from 8:00 a.m -5:00 p.m. weekdays, and at the Aquatic Center during hours of operation Call 712-580-7200 if you have questions. All prices include sales tax.
FAMILY SEASON PASS (up to 5 members)
*Each additional member $20.00
INDIVIDUAL SEASON PASS
SHORT TERM PASSES (Punch Cards)- 10 days
10 Days – $40.00
Daily – $5.00
Hours of Operation: Noon – 7:00 p.m., 7 days a week, weather permitting
- Spectators are allowed in the pool area, after the appropriate admission is paid.
- Daily swim fee is charged the first time an individual enters the pool area. When an individual leaves the pool area, a hand stamp may be requested for re-entry that same day.
- There will be no refunds on daily admissions. Rain checks will be issued by cashiers for extenuating circumstances.
- There will be no refunds on season passes after the opening day of the Aquatic Center.
- Youth ages six (6) and older are not allowed in the opposite sex’s locker room; i.e., a small boy, age six, is not allowed in the women’s locker room. A “Family Locker Room” is available.
- Every effort will be made by the pool staff to convey emergency messages. The PA system is used for emergencies and for pool announcements only; no paging may be done. People may enter the pool area and look for their children, and must exit the facility within fifteen (15) minutes.
- A phone will be available for public use near the facility. If a tornado warning is announced, all patrons and staff should move to sheltered areas in the facility rest rooms and shower areas. Stay close to the interior walls.
- Pool lockers are available. Patrons may bring their own locks or purchase them at the admission desk. Any locks left on the lockers after the Spencer Family Aquatic Center closes will be cut off that evening. The City of Spencer will not be liable for any damages to the locks.
- The City is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. No items are to be left with employees.
- No commercial outside foods will be allowed inside the Aquatic Center. Coolers will be limited to the six-pack variety and are subject to inspection by pool staff.
ADMITTANCE TO POOL:
- All patrons under 14 will be issued a wristband they must wear at all times, based on age and swimming ability. A water test to assess patrons swimming skills will be held upon opening and at each rest break.
- Admission to the pool will be refused to all persons having contagious diseases or other infectious conditions such as colds, ringworm, fevers, foot infections, skin lesions, inflamed eyes, ear discharge or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious.
- Children must be 7 years of age to be allowed admittance without an adult fourteen (14) years or older.
- Children six years of age who cannot pass the swim test will be issued a yellow wristband and must be accompanied by an adult and directly supervised at all times by an adult or guardian fourteen (14) years of age or older. The ratio of children wearing the yellow wrist bands may not exceed four (4) children per adult. Children left unsupervised will be dismissed, along with the person responsible for their supervision.
- Children who cannot pass the swim test and are over the age of six (6) will receive a pink wrist band and will only be allowed in the zero depth area.
- The pool manager, assistant manager and cashier retain the right to refuse admission or dismiss from the pool any person endangering the health, safety and/or pleasure of the patrons.
- The department reserves the right to prohibit any person from using the facility because of conduct which is detrimental to self or others.
- Pool rules will be amended when deemed advisable, for the protection of health, safety and enjoyment of all pool patrons.
- No person shall be allowed to enter the pool while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- There is a 10 minute rest break once every hour. Swim tests will be conducted at this time. During these periods, all patrons must exit the water.
- Whenever the pool manager either hears thunder or sees lightening, all swimmers and patrons are required to get out of the pool and off all deck areas and remain under the shelter of the bathhouse until 30 minutes after last thunder is heard and the pool manager declares it is safe to enter the pool.
- Swimmers must be attired in swimming suits; blue jeans, cutoffs and other clothing not specifically designed as swimwear are not permitted for health reasons. Undergarments are not allowed under swimsuits for health and sanitation reasons, except as otherwise provided in the rules. Indecent Exposure is not allowed.
- Street clothes may be worn only if patron is not touching the water. Street clothes may not get wet.
- Patrons may not wear sunglasses/glasses while swimming; however, masks and goggles are allowed in designated areas.
- Infants/children not toilet trained and incontinent adults must wear a swim diaper which can be purchased at the admission desk. In the event of a fecal contamination, the water will be evacuated for at least 15 minutes for disinfecting purposes.
- Only Aquatic Center Employees are allowed in the guard and admission areas.
- Personal conduct in and around the pool must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. Roughness, running, pushing others into the pool, dunking, splashing, snapping of towels or other roughhouse tactics are not permitted.
- The actions and conduct of an organized group are the responsibility of the group leader(s). Misconduct of individuals may be considered action by the group and the group is subject to dismissal.
- Ratio of children six (6) years of age and under per adult is four (4) children to one (1) adult.
- Sunbathers as well as strollers, infant seats, towels, coolers, lounge chairs, etc., must be safely back from the water’s edge and emergency corridor areas as designated by the aquatic staff.
- Patrons are not to visit with the guards on duty.
- No shoulder rides.
- Inflatables and lifejackets are allowed in designated areas only. A parent must be directly supervising a child wearing a flotation device.
- No tennis balls will be allowed.
- No lawn chairs or lounges are allowed in the Spencer Family Aquatic Center other than those provided by the pool.
- Spitting or blowing of nose into the pool or onto the deck is prohibited.
- No gum allowed in the pool areas.
- No tobacco or alcohol allowed in the facility.
- No glass containers in the facility.
- No pets are allowed in the Aquatic Center facility with the exception of service animals.
- Deposit trash in litter receptacles.
- Personal audio and communication devices are allowed in the facility but not in the water, and the patron must listen to the music by headset only.
- Small bathtub toys are allowed in designated areas of the pool only. Small bathtub toys may not be thrown.
- Climbing is only allowed on designated objects.
- No throwing sand.
- All patrons must shower before entering into the pool area – especially when exiting the volleyball and sand areas.
- There is to be no hanging on the separation/lane ropes that divide the pool areas.
- No towels allowed in the sand area. Small toys may be brought into the sand play area. Children six (6) and under must be supervised by an adult or guardian fourteen (14) years of age or older. Food may not be taken into the sand play areas.
- Children under the age of fourteen (14) must pass a swim test to use the large slides and lap area. These Children will receive a green wristband.
- Patrons may have cameras or video cameras in the Spencer Family Aquatic Center, but are not allowed to go down the slides with them.
- Children going down the wading pool slides or slides in zero depth area must be able to climb the ladder by themselves or must be assisted by a parent or guardian.
- One patron at a time on the slide.
- Patrons must slide feet first.
- No crawling up slides.
- Swimmers are not allowed in the area that the slides exit into.
- All children must pass a swimming test to go down the large slides. Swim tests will be conducted at each break on the hour only. Those under 7 years of age must have a parent waiting for them at the slide splash pool steps.
- All patrons using the large water slides must wait for the guard to signal before they can go down the slide.
- Only one person may go down the slide at a time, no exceptions. Patrons must go down feet first, seated on their bottom and facing forward.
- No riding the sides of the slides. Keep hands inside slide sides at all times. No stopping, kneeling or standing on the slides. Parents/guardians may not catch children in the splash-down area of the large water slide.
- One person on a tube at a time. Rider is to remain on the tube for the entire ride. NO stopping, twisting or turning while riding on the tube.
- Patron must return tube to the tube corral immediately after coming down the slide. Tubes are not allowed in the swimming pool area.
- Patrons going off the large slides must exit the splash-down area using the stairs or ladders.
- Small slides are for children six years and younger or anyone under 48 inches tall.
Aquatic Center Rental
The Spencer Family Aquatic Center is available as a rental facility under the following guidelines. All general rules outlined in the Aquatic Center Policy handbook must be followed.
- Each group shall be responsible for the conduct of the group with a competent leader 21 years of age or older as the responsible person.
- Your group shall require adult supervision of one adult for each 15 youth. Chaperones must be in the pool area with the group at all times.
- The person in charge of the group shall be responsible for all loss or damage to the Spencer Family Aquatic Center facilities and equipment.
- The Spencer Family Aquatic Center assumes no responsibility for property brought into the facility.
- Use of the facility does not imply endorsement or sponsorship of the event by the Spencer Family Aquatic Center or Spencer Family YMCA. Therefore, publicity shall be designed in a way that no suggestion of endorsement and/or sponsorship is implied. All such publicity shall be cleared in advance by the pool manager.
- Hours available for rental are 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. based on availability due to other rentals.
- A certificate of liability insurance must be returned with the application. Applications are available at the YMCA.
~ Thank you for your cooperation! We hope you enjoy your summer! ~