Landfill Equipment Operator II
$20.41-21.58/hr. DOE Mon.-Fri., 7am-4pm
- Operating landfill heavy equipment
- Landfill maintenance projects
- Operating semi-tractor with a tanker trailer
- Scale operations in accordance with regulations pertaining to landfill operation
- Attend safety training programs & follow safety protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold Class A CDL w/tanker endorsement (or ability to obtain immediately after hire) & acceptable driving record
- Operation of trucks & other equipment under all types of weather conditions required
- Must obtain & maintain Landfill Operator Certification
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to push, pull, bend, twist & lift up to 50 lbs. & pull up to 50 lbs. regularly
- Must pass background & drug screening prior to employment
Full Benefit Package
- Medical: 2 Low Deductible Plans to choose from, 100% paid for employee
- Dental, Vision & Life, Flexible Spending Account, Healthy Life Program
- Vacation accrual + 4 Personal days, 7 paid holidays, 1 day/mo sick leave accrual
- IPERS Pension Retirement Plan & 457 Deferred compensation plan
SEASONAL Landfill Grounds Maintenance
30-35 hours/week thru mid-October/November (depending on weather)
Landfill location: 3032 420th Ave., Graettinger.
Typical schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-4pm or 8am-3pm (flexible).
- Pick up litter at landfill
- Mowing & yard maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to operate lawn maintenance equipment (i.e. mower)
- Push, pull, bend, twist & lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass drug & criminal background screening prior to employment
Work is performed outside during the summer/fall seasons and includes being exposed to extreme weather conditions, noise, vibration and mechanical hazards.
Volunteer Firefighter, per diem (on call)
*Firefighters must live within 1 mile of the City of Spencer.
Questions? Call Chief Conyn, 712-580-7240, email@example.com
or complete an APPLICATION FORM: Volunteer Firefighter
All successful candidates will be required to pass drug screening prior to employment. EOE.
Positions open until filled unless otherwise noted above.
Questions? Contact Jessica Wright, Human Resource Director,
712-580-7200 ext. 230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Due to the volume of applications we receive, we do not respond to calls checking back on applications. If you experience difficulty please email to the address above with details. Thank you!
The City of Spencer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The City of Spencer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.