SpencerCity News

When can a property owner self-perform work?

A property owner may do any general construction work, please obtain a building permit from the Planning Department as required based on the scope of work. A property owner may also undertake both electrical and plumbing work at their primary residence only with the additional provision that the project is not new construction. Property owners undertaking electrical and/or plumbing work will need to be qualified to undertake the scope of work requested, obtain a permit from the Planning Department, and schedule all required inspections with the inspector prior to covering the work. If you have any questions, please contact Anna Harmon 712-580-7200 ext 228.

Construction permit application: https://spenceriowa.seamlessdocs.com/f/constructionpermit

Electrical permit application: https://spenceriowa.seamlessdocs.com/f/electricalpermitapplication

Plumbing permit application: https://spenceriowa.seamlessdocs.com/f/plumbingpermit

101 W 5th Street
Spencer, IA 51301

Email: info@spenceriowacity.com