Flood Hazard Information MeetingNotice of Iowa Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) Consultation Coordination Officer (CCO) public meeting to discuss the revised flood hazard information for Spencer and Clay County, Iowa. The public meeting (open house) will take place 5-7 p.m. on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 in the Supervisors Room at the Clay County Administration Building, 300 West 4th Street, Spencer.
Revised floodplain maps are available for public review at City Hall. The public is welcome to view these in the Planning Department at City Hall 8am to 5pm daily. Electronic copies of the preliminary revised floodplain maps are available at the Iowa Flood… Read more
Sidewalk Snow Removal
It is the responsibility of the abutting property owner to remove snow and ice accumulations from the public sidewalks adjacent to their residence or place of business after a snow event. In the Spencer downtown commercial district, 12 hours is allowed from the time the snowfall ceases. In all other areas of the city, 24 hours is allowed from the time the snowfall ceases. If an abutting property owner does not remove the snow and ice within the time specified, the city may do so and assess the cost, including an administration fee.
The Offices located at City Hall include: Office of the Mayor, Office of the City Manager, City Clerk's Office, Public Works Department and Planning Department. The Spencer Council Chambers are located at the North end of the building with a separate entrance at 420 2nd Avenue West. At the north end of City Hall is the office of the Spencer Main Street Company. The entrance to this office is located at 122 West 5th Street.
There are a variety of public services available at City Hall:
- City records: Council minutes, resolutions and ordinances
- City cemetery services: Riverside and North Lawn cemeteries
- City payroll, personnel and bookkeeping
- Garbage and solid waste services
- Street and sewer maintenance
- Various permits and licenses: Building, sign, fence, sidewalk, electrical, plumbing, excavation, Spencer beer and liquor licenses
City Hall is also the central office for the following Boards and Commissions:
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Airport Board of Trustees
- Americans with Disabilities Council
- Civil Service Commission
- Collective Rate Review
- Spencer Golf Course Board
- Spencer Park Board