Sidewalk Snow Removal
It is the responsibility of the abutting property owner to remove snow and ice accumulations from the public sidewalks adjacent to their residence or place of business after a snow event. In the Spencer downtown commercial district, 12 hours is allowed from the time the snowfall ceases. In all other areas of the city, 24 hours is allowed from the time the snowfall ceases. If an abutting property owner does not remove the snow and ice within the time specified, the city may do so and assess the cost, including an administration fee.
Snow Parking Ordinance
No Parking on city streets or alleys from 12:00 midnight to 7:00 am.
This goes into effect if the National Weather Service predicts a snow accumulation of 2 or more inches or if new snow accumulation has reached 2 or more inches measured at the KICD radio station.
The snow event shall continue so long as snow accumulation continues and for an additional 48 hours after snowfall has ended. Non-compliance will result in a $100 fine and/or towed.
City Code, Title 7-5-7 article A
The Offices located at City Hall include: Office of the Mayor, Office of the City Manager, City Clerk's Office, Public Works Department and Planning Department. The Spencer Council Chambers are located at the North end of the building with a separate entrance at 420 2nd Avenue West. At the north end of City Hall is the office of the Spencer Main Street Company. The entrance to this office is located at 122 West 5th Street.
There are a variety of public services available at City Hall:
- City records: Council minutes, resolutions and ordinances
- City cemetery services: Riverside and North Lawn cemeteries
- City payroll, personnel and bookkeeping
- Garbage and solid waste services
- Street and sewer maintenance
- Various permits and licenses: Building, sign, fence, sidewalk, electrical, plumbing, excavation, Spencer beer and liquor licenses
City Hall is also the central office for the following Boards and Commissions:
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Airport Board of Trustees
- Americans with Disabilities Council
- Civil Service Commission
- Collective Rate Review
- Spencer Golf Course Board
- Spencer Park Board